Wednesday 14 January 2015

Revell 1/144 International Space Station


Never give up ... that should be everyone's motto but unfortunately I fell short on that when I tried ordering her from Hobby Search Japan. They cancelled the order stating they were unable to get her. I am guessing it must be a licensing thing. I then saw her available at a few online shops in Europe but the currency conversion to Euro and shipping cost is not going to be too kind to my wallet ... so I gave up.

You know the saying, "you'll always find it when you are not looking?", well, I was updating my email correspondence with every shop I go to and when I went into Starship Modeler's site ... lo and behold. There she was staring at me in the face with the words "4 units in stock". Woo Hooo. YES!!!! Thank You SSM (short for Starship Modeler).

Should be in my hands around 3-4 weeks time. I plan to attach a Revell 1/144 scale space shuttle to her .. just curious if there were any aftermarket parts done for the Revell ISS kit. Guess I can go hunting for it later.

Anyways, I got these images from britmodeler's site where "Mike" provided us with a good review of the kit and images of her parts (highlighting them here). Read the review at the link above. More images after the jump.













For the reissued version according to Starship Modeler's site:

Limited Edition reissue! Large (about about 30"x26"x20" when completed) kit of the International Space Station with 183 blue, silver, black and white plastic parts. Square and round aluminum rods to support the construction are included, as is a display stand. Features include:
  • Detailed lattice mast structure. 
  • Large movable solar panels. 
  • One Soyuz space capsule and CRV. 
  • Three robot arms. 
  • Three astronaut figures. 
  • Waterslide decals for various external markings. 
  • Detailed pictorial assembly instructions.

Out of the box, this model builds an early 2000's configuration of the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment