Tuesday 13 January 2015

Pegasus Hobbies T-Rex and Triceratops by CSoldier

OK, I admit I am one of those secret paleontologist who actually knows nuts about these animals and is more fascinated with how they would have looked like when they roamed the earth. This passion began since when I was just a kid and today I do have quite an extensive collection of dinosaur kits, many of which are still tucked in their box in mint condition. Yeah, coloring them was going to be a problem since I have never done one before - and yes, I was intimidated at how some people was able to capture these prehistoric creatures in all their grandeur. So when I saw CSoldier's excellent work on Pegasus Hobbies' 1/24 scale T-Rex and Triceratops, my jaw literally dropped.


I love his work. He has successfully captured the essence of these animals in their natural habitat in miniature. He used Vallejo Air acrylics for the most part choosing color schemes that pleased him. Then he went further using war - dark - strong tone washes. The end result ..... fantastic.



The ferns are from a hobby supply chain store while the small foreground plants was obtained from a modelling colleague of his. Wonder where he got that tree trunk from.


According to CSoldier, he really enjoyed building Pegasus Hobbies dinosaur kits, and is definitely up for more. I hope he has that recent 1/24 Spinosaurus kit Pegasus Hobbies released last year. I am definitely keen to see more from him. More images after this jump.








Source : HobbyTalk Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment