Thursday 29 January 2015

My Facebook Account has been Reactivated


The next post was suppose to highlight other after market parts for the 1/72 space shuttle but this morning I was pleasantly surprised that my FB account had been re-activated. There was no email notification. It just so happen that I was staring at my company's email inbox and stole a glance to my bookmark for FB, and thought why not. It has been 19 days since my account was disabled and there had been no update to my appeal. I had tried to check last night but it still had the same disabled message so I thought no harm in trying again. I moved my cursor over and clicked.

I will admit that I am happy to get back my account. Afterall, I didn't do anything wrong to lose it. So what happened? Check out FB's message below - it was in my notification.


Now, remember I did highlight before that a friend of mine found 5 FB accounts with exactly the same name as me. I remembered reading somewhere that when that happens, the FB algorithm would detect suspicious activity and will proceed to disable the accounts. It so happens that mine was included as well. Now I am not sure who was trying to create fake accounts of me, or what they're intention was, but do take note that I only have one account . And FB has even gone to the extent of putting my entire name out in full now. I just checked again and now there is only one left of the 5 suspicious accounts.

At least now I know my account was not disabled due to a report or complaint.

Of course a lesson was also learnt here and I will still be active with this blog, as well as at my FB page. Hopefully there would be no more glitches to slow me down again.


No comments:

Post a Comment