Wednesday 14 January 2015

ParaGrafix Hold and Place Pencils

I have been a  ParaGrafix customer for a long time now and I have a lot of his Photo Etch (PE) sets for my Battlestar, Star Trek and Star Wars kits. His PE sets really do help make a difference with how your kit will look at the end - so when I saw his site selling pencils .. I did a double take and went .. whoa!! Wait a minute! Pencils???? When did ParaGrafix become a stationary shop?



But after reading the description, aah .. phew! They are not ordinary pencils at all, but something along what the doctor ordered for handling and placing small parts like 1/72 scale pilots. Apparently they are designed to hold and place small parts conveniently without leaving any scars or marks — simply tap the item to grab it, then twist to release. Renew the tip by sharpening with a standard pencil sharpener. And here I am still using sticky tack perched at the blunt side of a toothpick which is unstable as everytime when the small parts brush against anything, it falls of, or using tweezers which may scar or mark the parts. So without hesitation, I ordered a set (Pack of two pencils) from CultTVman Hobbyshop.

I highly recommend this one if you are anything like me - modeler with poor eyesight and unsteady hands. You can also get them direct from Paragrapix

No comments:

Post a Comment